Based on the mini poll conducted earlier last month here are basically the results. There were other additional suggestions but in summary, the type of events the majority would like to see are mostly Social Gatherings in the likes of 'makan-makan'. Top on the list are 'Garage Sale' and outdoor movies and we appeal to those who would like to be involved in organising this to come forward.
Question - 'Where do we go from here?' Do we need a protem committee, do we need a task force or do we just proceed as we go along. There are dedicated residents who will go ahead with plans that have been done annually. Hopefully with the proper communication channels in place we can this time have a bigger team support.
Here are other interesting ideas & suggestions that were brought forward by some resourceful residents.
1. Wi-Fi - connection around the cafe area. ( Management or residents to foot the bill not decided)
2. GRAFFITI WALL - Residents especially children are encouraged to participate in leaving their 'mark' as a form of saying 'I live or have lived' here in Sinaran Ukay. ( Tall wall below the management office)
3. VEGETABLE GARDEN - Encourage we plant vegetables like Serai, Pandan, Chili, kunyit etc. for simple basic needs. ( Plot near car wash).
4. MESSAGE BOARD - A dedicated message board to complement the Blog. (Near the Lift Entrance)
5. CAR POOL - Organise a car pool either for office or even for our school going children.
6. TAXI SERVICE - We have at the moment a resident Abang Shukri who is willing to provide the service at anytime you require.
7. CLASSES - We have among us residents who are Professional Dancers, IT experts, Designers etc. It would be good if they can dedicate some time to teach the residents. Back to school anyone ?
8. MERCHANDISE - A line of t-shirt, caps, stickers or anything related to Sinaran Ukay.
Finally, We need able bodied men and women to particpate and activate these noble and ambitious plans for the benefit of us residents of Sinaran Ukay.
Your contribution in whatever way small or big will be highly appreciated.
We will kick off this year with a BBQ on the 7th of February in conjunction with the Chinese New Year. This will hopefully provide us with a platform to discuss on the logistics and designated role for those who are able to contribute in the various activities mentioned.
Hoping to hear some responds from fellow residents... you can either leave your comments or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*credit mention to the following who have contributed ideas and committed to make it happen. • Din • Aziz • Angah • Dadzie • Jay • Asri • Azhar • Darif • Syed • apologies if names were unintentionaly omitted.